There is a lot of confusion among students regarding applicability of practice mannual editions for upcoming May, 16 attempt.
Here is the solution of all the confusions, these are the editions paper wise which are applicable for CA FINAL MAY, 16 attempt.
Paper 1 - Financial Reporting - Jan, 16 edition
Paper 2 - Strategic Financial Management - Jan, 15 edition
Paper 3 - Advanced Auditing & Professional Ethics - Jan, 16 edition
Paper 4 - Corporate & Allied Laws - Dec, 14 edition
Paper 5 - Costing & OR - Jan, 16 edition
Paper 6 - ISCA - Jan, 15 edition
Paper 7 - Direct Tax laws - Dec, 15 edition
Paper 8 - Indirect Tax Laws - Dec, 15 edition
However, students have many confusions regarding whether to buy new editions or not if they have old ones, so here are some suggestions that may help you in this regard
1. FR - There are changes in this paper with respect to Ind AS & Financial Instrument Chapter, else there is no change in syllabus, u can see all changes applicable for May, 16 attempt, Click here
so if u have Jan 15 edition of same then u can just do chapter no. 2 & 6 from new editions by downloading from ICAI site, if u do not want to buy new Jan 16 edition
2. SFM - if u have old edition then also it does not matter much, as u can revise from old edition and just have a view chapter wise on icai site, if there is addition of new ques
3. Audit - if u have old edition then also it does not matter much, as u can revise from old edition and just have a view chapter wise on icai site, if there is addition of new ques
4. Law - there is not any change in this subject, but as we know Dec, 14 edition is relevant and it might not hold new ques based on notifications after this edition, so u must refer RTP for the same to cover up every corner, simple it is .. y to take risk against ICAI
5. Cost - if u have old edition then also it does not matter much, as u can revise from old edition and just have a view chapter wise on icai site, if there is addition of new ques
Also Read : Confusions on changes in AMA syllabus
6. ISCA - Old edition is relevant only, so there is no fun to even think about new edition
7. DT - Fin Act changed, so we know very well that old edition wl not b good if we refer, so better it to buy new one
8. IDT - Fin Act changed, so we know very well that old edition wl not b good if we refer, so better it to buy new one
I hope this analysis on new editions of practice mannual will help u get over all the confusions u were having in ur mind.
Stay Focussed.. !!!
Stay Blessed.. !!!
Share this article link with ur frends, & help them
& if u have any other information related to this, then plz share in comment box
The content provided in this website including are the Intellectual Property of the owner of this site and provided for the reference of personal and non-commercial use.
Copying, modifying, altering, publishing, broadcasting, distribution, sale, adopting, linking or transfer of content available on the Website, whether in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited without specific written permission from the owner. Owner shall take legal action against individuals and entities found violating the IPR (Intellectual Property Rights).